Portola Strawberry Plants
Portola Strawberry Plant is a strong day-neutral strawberry variety from California. Fruit is lighter in color than most everbearers and should be harvested before fully red. It has good flavor with a large crop that is as early as Evie-2. This variety will perform in warmer climates. Recommended for beginners. U.S. Plant Patent #20,552
- Berry Size:
- Best in Zones:
- 4 – 7
- Freezing Quality:
- Resistant to:
Avoid Common Mistakes Planting Portola
- Read free planting guide 1-3 months before planting.
- Plants will fail to flourish if roots are too deep or too shallow.
- Pack soil firmly around the roots.
- Do not plant near wild plants or plants whose origins are unknown.
- Water well one to three times a week, not every day.
- Avoid fertilizer burn by fertilizing only after plants are established.
- Do not soak plants in water more than 1 hour!
- For planting instructions please Go Here!